- With effect from 1 April 2019, the Subcontractor Registration Scheme (SRS) has been renamed as the Registered Specialist Trade Contractors Scheme (RSTCS). Except designated trades under the RSTCS Registered Specialist Trade Contractors register, all other subcontractors which are registered under the trades of the SRS remain as Registered Subcontractors under RSTCS and no application to RSTCS is required. All reference to the SRS shall be substituted by the RSTCS with effect from 1 April 2019. For existing construction contracts where subcontractors are required to register under the relevant trades available in the SRS, such subcontractors shall be deemed to have fulfilled that requirement if they are registered under the relevant trades in the RSTCS.
- The upgrade of suspended ceiling and tower crane (erecting, dismantling and altering height) as the ninth and tenth designated trade under the RSTCS takes effect from 1 April 2022. By then, all Registered Subcontractors of suspended ceiling and tower crane (erecting, dismantling and altering height) trade automatically become Group 1 Suspended Ceiling and Tower Crane (Erecting, Dismantling and Altering Height) Registered Specialist Trade Contractor and no application is required.
- The upgrade of building drainage installation as the eleventh designated trade under the RSTCS takes effect from 1 September 2022. By then, all Registered Subcontractors of plumbing and building drainage and sewers trade automatically become Group 1 Building Drainage Installation Registered Specialist Trade Contractor and no application is required.
- The upgrade of Levelling & Setting Out as the twelfth designated trade under the RSTCS takes effect from 1 March 2023. By then, all Registered Subcontractors of Surveying and Setting Out trade automatically become Group 1 Levelling & Setting Out Registered Specialist Trade Contractor and no application is required.
- The upgrade of Building Maintenance and Interior Fitting-out as the thirteenth to fourteenth designated trade under the RSTCS takes effect from 1 October 2023. By then, all above Registered Subcontractors trade automatically become Group 1 Registered Specialist Trade Contractor and no application is required.
- To enhance the level of integrity management of Registered Specialist Trade Contractors and Registered Subcontractors, the Construction Industry Council added the new registration requirement of ‘Integrity Management’ which will be implemented in phases below (For more details about company integrity policy template and integrity training for top management personnel, please "Click here” to visit ICAC Integrity Charter’s website):
- All applications for registration (including New Application, Renewal of Registration, Change of Registration Status/Designated Trades/Grouping, Inclusion of Additional Trades and Specialties) should be submitted together with the company integrity policy;
- All applications for Renewal of Registration should be submitted together with record of a minimum of 1 hour integrity training taken by at least one top management personnel within the valid registration period.
Submit the application form and supporting documents
Finish the payment
|Acknowledgement of application in 5 working days upon receipt|
Vet application by the Committee on Registered Specialist Trade Contractors Scheme of CIC
|Notify application result within 25 working days upon receipt of complete application information|
Accession to the register
Submit via Online Application System (Please use Google Chrome internet browser) (Only online application is accepted from 30 July 2021) (Reference: Application Guide (Chinese version only))
Code of Conduct Guidance Document and Sample Integrity Policy (Please download Page 6 for Sample Integrity Policy)